Getting Through the COVID-19 Lockdown
5 Tips to Help You Get Through the COVID-19 Lockdown
The Covid-19 Coronavirus has changed all our lives immensely in just a matter of weeks. Most of us are on lock down unable to work, going crazy at home.
Here are 5 things that I am doing to keep myself occupied mentally and physically during this time period.
- Have schedule. Try not to sleep in and stay up late. Keeping a daily routine decreases helps keep you feel more focused and gives you small goals to complete throughout the day. Take a shower and ladies put on some make up on. Make your bed. You will be surprised at how much better you will feel.
- Exercise. So many people complain that they never have time to exercise. Well now we have all the time in the world! There are hundreds and thousands of free exercise videos on YouTube that I have been checking out… from yoga to barre classes to weight workouts, you name it. This is something I’m going to incorporate into my life even after the virus crisis is over.
- Read some books. There is only so much Netflix to watch, and now is a great time to either read a great self-improvement book, do some online training, or immerse yourself in a story that you haven’t had time to read.
- Check on your family and friends. A lot of people can experience isolation and feelings of loneliness at this time.
- Learn a new creative outlet. If you have always wanted to learn to play an instrument, paint or produce art, now is the time to check it out learn more about it and try it.
We have been given this gift of self -isolation to spend time with ourselves and try to improve upon what we already have mentally, emotionally, and physically. Try to look at this time in your life which may never happen again as an opportunity to reset, re -energize, and relax… even though it may seem hard for now. This too shall pass, and when it does, we will be busier than ever.